Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sick Child and Low Carb Diets

This week my 1 year old has been sick. He ran a fever between 101-104.5 from Monday to Friday and the Dr told us it was just a virus and there really wasn't anything that he could do. Aside from having a high fever, his eyelids were swollen and he was clingy, but he was still playful. On Friday the fever broke and it was replaced by a rash. My child has Roseola and it was contagious when he had the fever. Since I didn't have it when I was little I could get it, but we wont know until next week. Ugggh!

This week I have been following the Dietician's "low carb diet."  I'm to have no more than 30g of carb each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 15g for 2 snacks, that's a total of 120g. I have been keeping a journal and have been eating between 60g and 105g a day and I'm hungry. I need to be able to eat more smaller meals throughout the day. Now my husband has been doing the same diet and not eating as much as me and he's not hungry. He also lost 8lbs in 3 days, I only lost 3lbs in 3 days. Did I mention, he cheated 2 times this week!

I also meet with the Shrink-E-Dink this week. This was not too eventful, I'm not crazy or depressed (yeah!). He said he would have my report done in a week in a half. 

Still to do.....
Last meeting with the Dietician tomorrow!!!! So within 2 weeks everything should be sent off to my insurance.

On a side note, I was reading Poke Me with a Fork Im Done's blog and she was going to go to Dr Malley for the surgery too and than decided that she didn't like feeling like she was part of a cattle call. So, she decided to go to a different surgeon. I kind of felt like I was part of a cattle call when I had my consultation and I've been having trouble getting the insurance person that is handling my case to call me back. My father had his lap band done with Dr Malley and he didn't seem to have any issues. Ugggh, again!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm going through Malley's office but i'm going through Dr. Fearing. She is wonderful! And they have been wonderful too. I actually have been doing my 6 month diet with the nurse at malley's Karen Gage so she just walks my report to Lisa (? I think) the insurance lady and She calls me a couple days later to tell me she got my newest month paperwork. I have NEVER got the feeling that it's a cattle call at their office, I'm so sorry that you got that feeling! Maybe you should meet with Dr. Fearing and see if you click with her better? Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete