Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Dietician

I went to the Dietician this week. For some reason I was surprised that she was really skinny and really blonde. A few minutes into our hour long session we were down to business. She wants to see me again in a month. She said in her experience, the insurance company wants to see that you can follow a diet. She gave me a low carb diet plan where I'm to have no more than 30 grams of carbs each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 2 snacks with no more than 15 grams of carbs. There are lots of vegetables and lean meat that count a zero carbs and I can have as much of them as I want. I only have to turn in a food journal for the week before my 2nd appointment with her.

So far I haven't totaled up the carbs on my meals at all. I find counting calories, carbs, fat, makes me a bit compulsive. For the last six months I have been making an effort to eat healthier, bring my lunch to work, and get in my morning protein shake. I'm finding somethings hard to keep up, for instance exercise. I'm better at squeezing in a walk around the lake behind my office, than trying to do it before or after work. I have been really struggling with exhaustion do to the apnea and even a walk around the lake seems like too much.

I'm going to try to blog several times a week to help keep myself focused on my 125lb goal. I have found a few really good blogs about weight loss surgery (WLS) that I read on a daily bases and I'll share those with you (I'm not sure anyone is out there reading my blog) soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment